Buy White Wine | Free Wine Shipping on 4 Bottles or More
2013 Ty Caton Estate Winery | Chardonnay | Sonoma Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
**Prices available to members only to protect wineries. Please sign up or log in to view prices.
*FREE Ground Shipping on 4 bottles or more*
- Aromas and flavors of pear and apple with lifted floral notes of citrus blossom and honeysuckle, medium-bodied with juicy acidity with an undercurrent of minerality which carries through a long finish.
- Alcohol by Volume: 13.4%
- Appellation: California
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Vintage: 2013
- Aged: Stainless Steel
- Ty Caton is dedicated to creating wines of distinction with an authentic sense of place. Our commitment to excellence begins in the Caton Vineyard, where Winemaker Ty Caton sustainably farms all of the grapes used in our Sonoma Valley wine. As one of the few exclusively estate producers in Sonoma Valley, California, Ty personally works with the grapes from soil to glass. He handcrafts his wines in small lots with an acute awareness of the land that enables him to make wines that truly showcase the vineyards. Ty Caton Vineyards is forging a new definition of quality in winemaking and Actively Seeking Excellence.TY CATON VINEYARDS is located at Sonoma County’s southeastern tip, in the heart of Sonoma Valley - the birthplace of California winemaking. While Ty Caton replanted the property in 1997, the vineyard’s roots run much deeper and date back to the early 1920’s and on through the depression. The original Sonoma winery, crush-pad and house still stand as a testament to the winegrowing history of the land. This strong tie to the historic nature of the estate has been a key point in its development. Ty continues this commitment by farming sustainability, and as the steward of the land, is able to follow and shape the wine from vine to glass.
Baked Salmon. Wine with Smoked Salmon Bruschetta. Wine with GarlicShrimp.
- DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL! ~ 2016 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- 4 out of 5 stars, Spirit of Wine In the glass: Clear with golden and olive highlights. On the nose: Poured at room temperature and swirled vigorously, shows grassy pear and citrus fruit. From the aro-ma, seems like this will be bright but textured. On the palate: The primary elements on the palate are in fact much sweeter, rounder and fuller than anticipat-ed. But not TOO sweet, round and full - showing a luscious balance between fresh pear and just the right surround-ing acids. The sip is lively and refreshing while deeply satisfying. Brings a nice sleek minerality to the palate. Finish is clean and of modest length. In summary: Overall, the balance of bright aromatics and lush flavors touches an impressive four stars on the five-star Spirit of Wine scale.