Buy White Wine | Free Wine Shipping on 4 Bottles or More
2014 | Outcast Winery | Chardonnay | Napa Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
**Prices available to members only to protect wineries. Please sign up or log in to view prices.
*FREE Ground Shipping on 4 bottles or more*
- Shows fresh green apple, ripe Bose pear, tropical melon fruit notes with hints of lemon zest on the nose. On the palate it shows beautiful, bright acidity, which is balanced by a creamy,rich texture showcasing flavors of crisp apple, mineral notes and white tropical fruits. The touch of oak gives this Chardonnay some layers on the nose and palate with traces of toasted almonds, vanilla, flint and spice.
- Alcohol by Volume: 13.9%
- Appellation: Napa Valley, California
- Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
- Vintage: 2014
- Production: 350 cases
- Harvest Notes: 2014 was a vintage was one to remember. Earthquake included. An unseasonably warm and dry winter and budbreak about three weeks earlier than normal.The warmer temperatures continued thought spring bringing an early bloom. Cooler summer months with only one severe heat spike in September gave out Chardonnay grapes the time needed to develop flavors without rapidly accumulating sugar. Cooler temperatures also slowed acid loss giving this Chardonnay its bright acidity.
- Fermented in stainless steel and kept cool at 56-58F, then aged in Neutral French oak, while the oak added depth and complexity.Allowed to complete only 18% malolactic fermentation to preserve the fresh,vibrant acid structure and elegant aromatics.
- WINEMAKER – RYAN HODGINS: Raised in the Pacific Northwest, Hodgins attended Oberlin College in Ohio, where he often had conversations with his plant biology professor about winegrowing. Though he explored a few careers upon graduation, his interest in wine was piqued, and he soon relocated to California and enrolled in the Master’s program at U.C. Davis and graduated with a degree in Viticulture & Enology. As a means of researching the topic for his thesis – Pinot Noir tannins in the Willamette Valley – Hodgins got his first hands-on vineyard experience while working harvest at Witness Tree Vineyard in Salem, Oregon. Upon graduation in 2004, he spent a year gaining experience in other regions at wineries such as Acacia Vineyard in Napa, where he served as harvest enologist, and Krishna Valley Winery in India, where he served as visiting winemaker. In 2005, Hodgins returned to the United States and accepted a full-time position as assistant winemaker and viticulturist at Hanzell Vineyards, a role that helped hone his expertise in Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Sonoma. While at Hanzell, Hodgins also worked as the founding consulting winemaker for Breggo Cellars in the Anderson Valley. Cliff Lede’s acquisition of Breggo Cellars (now FEL) in 2009 allowed Hodgins to become full-time winemaker. Lede purchased the Savoy Vineyard in 2011, a benchmark vineyard in the Anderson Valley, giving Hodgins access to his first estate vineyard.
- Crab cakes, Asian chicken salad or some good ol' Mac & Cheese