2009 Dearden Winery | 1 Iron Petite Sirah | Napa Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
Move over Frank Family and Switchback Ridge.......this Petite Sirah from Napa rocks!
*FREE Ground Shipping on 4 bottles or more*
- Tasting Notes: The 2009 vintage Petite Sirah is an inky, dark, fruit-forward wine with aromas of baked black cherry tart, dark plum, Tahitian vanilla bean, anise and allspice; on the palate, there's a balance of integrated, firm tannins and bright acidity with a soft, spicy and lingering finish.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.1%
- Appellation: Napa Valley, California
- Varietal: Petite Sirah
- Vintage: 2009
- After a relatively cool summer, the first week of September finally heralded the first grapes of the 2009 harvest. Cool night temperature was the hallmark of the vintage allowing both white and red varietals to maintain perfect acid structure in conjunction with all the extended ripening time. The overall crop yields were normal with slightly smaller berry size which maximized optimal flavors. The vintage ended with early winter rain showers.
- Aged: 18 Months in French Oak Barrels
Chris Dearden has been crafting fine wines in Napa Valley for over 25 years. The third generation Californian was born and raised in the San Joaquin Valley town of Porterville. Chris discovered a great way to combine these two disciplines and artistry in the field of Enology and Viticulture at UC Davis. After winemaking positions with William Hill, Madonna Estate, and Beaulieu Vineyard/Inglenook/Christian Brothers, he went back to obtain an MBA at the prestigious Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. During this period, he spent three years at Seguin Moreau Cooperage where he credits learning more about winemaking than in the previous years as a day-to-day winemaker. Representing the company, he traveled to the finest winemaking regions in France, South America and California, Oregon and Washington State helping winemakers make better wines and learning how the best wines are made around the world. Yearning to produce wine again, he began a fourteen-year journey developing a Napa Valley winery from the ground up. He established the vineyard, brand, wine style and identity. Dearden’s Carneros vineyard property, which is fondly referred to as “Las Amigas Partners,” is planted to five different clones of Pinot noir and a small amount of Chardonnay on an 11.6-acre parcel. Chris Dearden is also a highly sought consultant whose clients include Chanticleer, V Madrone, and Biale among others.
- Pork Tenderloin with Gorganzola Sauce Click HERE for the Recipe from Epicurious!