This fine vineyard is located on the hillsides of the Entre- deux-mers, close to Saint Emilion. The crop produced on the plots of Bouchet is vinified in the cellars of Chateau Reynier.
Since 1996, Marc LURTON an oenologist by training, has run the estate with his wife Agnès.
- Tasting Notes: Deep ruby red in colour. fresh aromas of ripe red berry fruit. Medium body and well balanced, with round integrated tannins. Long in the finish. A delicious fruit driven wine.
- Alcohol by Volume: 13%
- Appellation: Bordeaux, France
- Varietal: Merlot 50 % Cabernet Sauvignon 50 %,
- Vintage: 2011
- Rigorous selection during the harvest (grape variety and plots are vinified separately). The vinification is carried out with the most recent techniques. Classic Bordeaux vinification : total de-stemming, temperature of fermentation 77°F to 86°F. 2 to 3 weeks of maceration, malolactic fermentation.
- 1901 : Marc Lurton’s great grandfather bought Chateau Reynier.
1956 : Marc’s father inherited Chateau Reynier.
1980 : Marc, an oenologist trained at Bordeaux University, started to manage his father estate and moved into Chateau Reynier with his wife Agnes who was a teacher.
1993 : Agnes gave up teaching to manage the estate with Marc.
1997 : Marc inherited Chateau Reynier and the vineyards of Chateau de Bouchet and made some major improvements : modernizations of the wine making facilities, investment in bottling line and labelling equipment, installation of a system to protect the wine from frost in spring, installation of natural waste water treatment plant, restoration of the underground stone caves for ageing the wine in oak barrels, replanting the vines to bring them up to date with modern norms (started in 2001 and continues today).
2000: Rehabilitation of underground stone quarries for aging wines in oak barrels.
2001 to date : Restructuring of the vineyard.
2010 : The company Vignobles Marc et Agnes Lurton was formed. Agnes opened the Chateau to the public for tasting and buying wines.
2012 : Started working toward organic certification for a part of the vineyard.
Smoked Duck with Tangerine Rosemary Salad, Food & Wine Magazine
Silver Medal, Concours de Bordeaux Vins d'Aquitaine, 2012: Argent Challenge International du Vin, 2011: Silver