2012 Matthew Joseph, Chardonnay | Michael Pozzan Wines | Napa Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
**Prices available to members only to protect wineries. Please sign up or log in to view prices.
- This Chardonnay consists of a medium golden straw color with luscious tropical fruit notes ranging from guava and mango to passion fruit. The aromas are intertwined with toasted oak flavors that rounds out the wine by adding depth and complexity. The palate is juicy ripe apple accompanied by a hint of butter that leads into ripe pear and cinnamon spices .The touch of tropical fruit notes lingering on the palate makes this Chardonnay ideal for any occasion.
- Alcohol by Volume: 13.5%
- Appellation: Napa Valley, California
- Varietal: Chardonnay
- Vintage: 2012
- Aged in French Oak barrels for seven months.
- Palate and passion are the two words that capture the winemaking style of Michael Pozzan. Michael has a palate honed to the tiniest nuances of flavor and balance, and a passion that has been part of his family history for over three generations. Highly respected in the world of wine, Michael has been a speaker at University of California, Davis and Golden Gate University in San Francisco and a judge of the prestigious New World Wine Competition as well at the Home Wine Makers of California Competition. Michael has made the study of wine his life, traveling and tasting, and dedicating himself to producing high-quality Napa and Sonoma Valley wines in the Italian style of his heritage: wines of rich fruit, excellent character and exceptional value. Molly Lyman was raised in the Sonoma Valley, where she cultivated an early fascination with wine. Molly's first job out of college was in the lab at Sebastiani Vineyards, the same winery where her father had spent more than three decades as operations manager. Molly has spent much of her career working hands-on in the cellar, focusing on the detail and finesse of crafting fine wines. Molly has worked under and alongside multiple top echelon winemakers, including Heidi Barrett, Philipe Melka, Mike Hirby, and Julien Fayard. Molly's winemaking past includes positions as Winemaker for Volker Eisele Family Estate, Associate Winemaker at Moone-Tsai Vineyards, and Assistant Winemaker at Paradigm Winery. Additionally, Molly has worked with with Duckhorn Vineyards, Relic Wine Cellars, and Talisman, as well as Whitehaven Vineyards in New Zealand. Molly and her husband live in Sonoma Valley with their two small children.
- Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass
- 2012 Napa Valley Chardonnay: San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- January 2015 — Bronze 2012 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: San Francisco Chronicle
- January 2015 — Double Gold 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: Sommelier Challenge International Wine Competition
- September 2014 — Silver