2012 On Q Wines, Cabernet Sauvignon | Coombsville | Napa Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
**Prices available to members only to protect wineries. Please sign up or log in to view prices.
*FREE Ground Shipping on 4 bottles or more*
- The 2012 On Q Coombsville Cabernet Sauvignon is a terroir driven wine. It speaks with a sense of place about the vineyards that it is sourced from. The fog lies low in the hills in Coombsville and allows the grapes to hang, shutting down the metabolic processes at night and maintaining a vibrant acidity. This acidity intertwines with bright red fruit and herbaceous notes of tarragon and peppercorn, along with a healthy dose of earthy and floral notes. Structured and elegant, it is nimble on the table pairing and adapting to many different styles of cuisine - this is a perfect wine for special occasions, such as Tuesday nights or celebrating getting home from the office. Benefiting from the near perfect growing conditions of the vintage, the 2012 is ready to drink now and will continue to gain complexity in the bottle for some time to come. Linda's Notes: The latest expression of these magnificent flavors can be found in the On Q 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, an exceptional red wine crafted by winemaker/proprietor Steve Brady. Modeled after a symphony inside the bottle, the wine opens up with enticing aromas of bright red fruits, earth and cedar with nuances of tarragon, mint, sage and fresh flowers. In the glass, the lively flavors of fresh plums, raspberry, red cherry and cranberry are accented with notes of chocolate, peppercorn, and roasted walnuts. On the palate, these full-bodied flavors are further enhanced with a medley of smooth tannins, rich texture, and a long graceful finish.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.8%
- Appellation: Coombsville, Napa Valley, California
- Varietal: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Petit Syrah, 2% Petit Verdot, 1% Cabernet Franc
- Vintage: 2012
- Aged in French Oak barrels for 30 months.Fermented in stainless steel.
- Production: 348 Cases
- Drink: Now-20 yrs
Julien Fayard gained his knowledge and defined his core winemaking style from working at Grand Chateaux in France such as Lafite Rothschild and Smith Haut Laffite. In Napa Valley, he's worked alongside renowned winemaker Philippe Melka. He has come to be a Napa Valley veteran after many years of working with some of the most highly acclaimed and sought after wines from the Napa Valley. "
His philosophy is to produce wines that express pure, terroir-driven specificities and characteristics. He believes that as a winemaker, one doesn't control the wine but rather wine style is the result of a combination of soil, climate and vineyard management. Wine style is an elegant combined expression of the fruit, soil, vines and climate. "As a winemaker, my job is to bring out the best qualities that the vines have provided. I don’t seek to make a style of wine but more so to make wine that sings of it’s place, it’s history and it’s uniqueness. That’s my goal as a winemaker, to make wines that are pure expressions of their environment and not mask it. Wines with an identity"
- Beef Tenderlion Filets with Habenero Sauce, Courtosey of Guy Fieri, Food Network
- 91 Points, Wine Enthusiast Magazine
96 Points Catherine Fallis, Planet Grape’s Master Sommelier aka grape goddess® Powerful, rich, and sleek, this quintessential Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is in a beautiful drinking window now, quite open and showy with notes of cherry pie, cassis, plum, stewed tomato, sumac, cumin, cedar, cinnamon, mocha and cigar box. It is full, bodied, supple and chewy with a surprising delicacy on the palate for a wine at 14.8% abv. Enjoy with grilled meats, particularly a nice juicy steak, as in “slab and a Cab,” or something more upscale – a New York Strip with Blue Cheese Butter.
96 Points Christopher Sawyer, “Sommelier to the Stars” @sawyersommelier- Located at the southern edge of Napa Valley, the Coombsville appellation has special climate characteristics that link it to the famous French winegrowing regions of Bordeaux and the Loire Valley. For starters, the region is windier than the other appellations that are protected by the high mountain ridges deeper in the valley. Secondly, the influence of fog and cool breezes from the nearby San Pablo Bay allow the grape clusters to slowly mature on the vines. As a result, this slow ripening process helps produce deep fruit-driven flavors and plenty of natural acidity so the finished wines tend to taste fabulous when young and mature well in the cellar.
- Ian Cauble – Master Sommelier & Star of the Documentary Movie "SOMM": "Steve's wines are an excellent expression of the Napa Valley with opulence, great black fruit overtones along with a freshness and suppleness brought about by good acidity and ripe tannins. The bouquet is appealing with hints of sandalwood, cinnamon and spice. These are well-made wines that are elegant, very approachable and a good value. We featured Steve's 2011 On Q Appassionata on Somm Select recently and it was very popular with our customers"
- William Scherer - Master Sommelier & Wine Director at Redd Restaurant Yountville, CA: "The Cabernet Sauvignon presents unmanipulated flavors of black cherry and cassis along with a freshness that well expresses the quality of the Napa Valley."
- California Restaurants that feature this wine on their list:
- Calistoga Ranch Calistoga, CA 94515 www.calistogaranch.aubergeresorts.com/
- Meadowood Napa Valley St. Helena, CA 94574 www.meadowood.com/
- Morimoto Napa Napa CA 4559 www.morimotonapa.com/
- Redd Napa Valley Yountville, CA 94599 www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Tadich Grill San Francisco, CA 94111 www.tadichgrill.com/
- Brix Napa, CA 94558 www.brix.com/
- The Farm at Carneros Inn Napa, CA 94559 www.thecarnerosinn.com/dining/farm-restaurant/
- Forbes Mill Danville Danville, CA www.forbesmillsteakhousecom
- Piatti Danville Danville, CA www.piatti.com/danville
- The Bridges Danville, CA 94526 www.bridgesdanville.com/
- The Vine at Bridges Danville, CA 94526 www.thevineatbridges.com/
- The Basin Saratoga, CA 95070 Victorian Village Inn Ferndale, CA www.victorianvillageinn.com