Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
*Vintage-98 Points Robert Parker, 96 Points Wine Spectator, 95 Points Wine Enthusiast
Rivals 2012 Vintage with Amazing density and structure...long lived. Mondavi, Silver Oak, Opus One, Harlan and Screaming Eagle All draw from Oakville Vineyards due to the Amazing fruit from Oakville.
Another record harvest, 2013 saw consistently beautiful weather leading to optimal ripeness in what is being called an ‘epic’ year. There was almost no rainfall from January through March, bringing an earlier than usual budbreak. April provided a few small rainstorms to quench the vines, and warm weather followed. With just one heat spike in late June and early July, the growing season provided weather for optimal flavor development in the grapes resulting in an early and healthy harvest.
- Tasting Notes: The wine shows, Black Cherry, Currants, Plums and a dark toast.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.7%
- Appellation: Oakville, Napa, California
- Varietal: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 20 % Syrah
- Vintage: 2013
- The wine finished a native malolactic fermentation in the barrels in two months and was aged for 21 months in small French, Hungarian and American oak barrels (19% new) and bottled in July 2015
- Production: 250
Tom Rees: Growing up in the mid-west, Tom caught the wine bug while working at a wine store in Indianapolis as he pursed his Chemistry degree at Purdue University. Tom has been making wine in the Napa Valley for fifteen years with world-class wineries such as Charles Krug, St. Supery and Rombauer.
- Prime NY Steak Au Poivre- by Alto Brown, Food Network, Click HERE to get the Recipe