2014 Joseph Phelps INSIGNIA | Cabernet Sauvignon | Napa Valley
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
- WINEMAKER NOTES
The 2014 Insignia opens with expressive blackberry, cocoa powder, Bergamot and floral aromatics. Fresh and focused with concentrated black fruit, mocha, cardamom and Madagascar vanilla notes. Opulent and rich with supple tannin structure and balance.
- Maturity: 35-50 years
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vineyards: 100% estate-grown Napa Valley vineyards: Stags Leap District (19% Las Rocas & 17% Barboza Vineyards), Napa Valley (20% Suscol Vineyard), Rutherford (19% Banca Dorada Vineyard), Oak Knoll District (13% Yountville Vineyard) and St. Helena (12% Home Ranch Vineyard).
- Bottling: January 2017
- Vintage: 2014
- Aging: 24 Months in New French Oak Barrels from from coopers Taransaud, Dargaud Jaegle, Demptos, Marcel Cadet and Sylvain.
- Ashley Hepworth, Winemaker, Napa Valley. Ashley joined Joseph Phelps in 1999 as a harvest intern and stayed on to become a laboratory technician and enologist. In 2004 she was named Associate Winemaker and in October of 2008 was promoted to Winemaker. Ashley is responsible for all day-to-day winery activities in the production of Napa Valley wines for Joseph Phelps Vineyards.
- 96 Points - Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate
It is floral, full-bodied, with tremendous opulence and richness. It is another beauty, with the oak well disguised by the extravagant fruit extract. Drink it over the next 30+ years. (Oct. 2016)
97 Points - James Suckling
The blackberry, dark-chocolate and walnut aromas are persuasive. Full body, a dense and fruity center palate and beautiful depth and intensity. The tannin texture is exceptional. Great wine. Drink in 2020 and onwards. (May 2017)