2015 Spindrift Cellars | Rose of Pinot Noir | Willamette Valley, Oregon
Please Note: Exclusive promitional prices available ONLY for Allvino members who are logged in.
Log in to see price
**Prices available to members only to protect wineries. Please sign up or log in to view prices.
*FREE Ground Shipping on 4 bottles or more*
- Delicate berry aromas with soft hints of watermelon. The dry Rosé provokes ripe cranberry and crisp strawberries flavors complemented by a thrill of sour cherries. Finishes with elegant grip and pretty lingering acid.
- Alcohol by Volume: 13.24%
- Appellation: Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Varietal: Rose of Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2015
- The 2015 vintage started with bud break in March, two weeks early in our region. The early trend continued with higher than normal temperatures through spring, which created exceptional conditions for bloom, flower and fruit set. As spring gave way to summer, conditions continued to be warmer than usual and consequentially grape clusters were far larger than typical. All in all this has been one of those all too rare vintages where you get high yields and outstanding exceptional fruit quality.
- The 10 acre Thompson Vineyard is located on a 700 acre Century farm homestead in base of the coastal hills of Junction City, Oregon. The 2015 Pinot Noir Rosé came from the top 5 acres of the vineyard which were planted in 2012. The clone type for the five acres consist of Mariafeld, Pommard and 667 Pinot Noir. The soil composition is a mix of belpine soil series and a Jory soil series.
- 80% of the Pinot Noir was whole cluster pressed to eliminate skin contact. 20% of the fruit was crushed with overnight skin contact then pressed. This small amount of skin contact extracts a small amount of color and tannin from the grapes. The wine was fermented in stainless steel tank under temperature control to retain fruit flavor.
Matthew Compton, winemaker and proprietor. After moving to Oregon at the age of 22, Matthew went to work for Oregon State University, managing a research farm for wine grapes. The New Jersey native and father of three then launched his vineyard management company, West Vine Farms; which led to the creation of Small World Wine Company, Matt’s winery and distribution company. He created his first vintage in 2003 and moved into Spindrift’s current facility a year later. Since then, Spindrift wines have garnered many awards and recognitions, including ratings of 90 and above; selection as Best Buy and Top 100 Wines of the World by Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast magazines; and winning Best of Show and several gold medals at Oregon wine festivals . Using “Certified Sustainable” practices he strives to produce fine wines that are sustainable from vine to bottle.
- Pair with light salads, light pasta and rice dishes, especially with seafood, raw and lightly cooked shellfish and grilled fish and goats’ cheeses.
- “Spindrift is the little winery that could, and makes excellent wines at consumer friendly prices, from a variety of grapes that showcase all the strengths of Oregon.”—Wine Enthusiast Magazine